On 10 July 2018 LGI attended the kick-off meeting of PRE-LEAP-RE (PREparing for a Long Term Join EU-AU Research and Innovation Partnership on Renewable Energy), a new EU-funded project that LGI is partnering in.
During 14 months the consortium, which brings together European and African institutions, will join forces to draw up a European Joint Programme (EJP) in the field of renewable energy. The consortium will also bring together national funding agencies of EU member states, African states and other key EU-AU actors involved in energy research to contribute to the creation of this future EJP.
This meeting was the occasion for partners to meet in person and to design a work plan for the coming period which will be quite challenging and exciting. The project participants also had the pleasure to welcome the EU project officers.
This event was hosted by EIT InnoEnergy in Brussels.
The PRE-LEAP-RE consortium gathers 17 partners representing African and European organisations covering a wide range of sectors: education/research, private sector, policy and funding. They will put their expertise, networks together in order to ensure the implementation of the future joint programme. Moreover they will be supported by external partners:
- An advisory board will provide the consortium with feedback on the work implemented.
- A multi-stakeholder group will be established to develop the stakeholder community necessary for the implementation of the joint programme. Its aim is to build interest and willingness to implement a joint programme and to gather input and support from the experiences, networks, and knowledge of these organisations.
- Associated partners comprising organisations that either:
- represent or link to a strategic, related policy process (such as the Africa-EU Energy Partnership) or
- express their commitment or intent to commit to the future strategic joint programme
Niclette Bukasa Kampata
For more details, visit the PRE-LEAP-RE website.