On 21 October LGI co- organised the 3rd edition of the Ecopreneurs for the Climate event in Paris, in collaboration with the Maison des Acteurs du Paris Durable, Ecopreneur and Entreprendre Vert.
The event offered a platform that presented solutions to the challenges caused by climate change at the local level, in cities and urban areas. This event, promoted by the association Ecopreneurs for the Climate, was officially supported by COP23 as part of the implementation of the Paris Agreement.
It brought together around 40 attendees, interested and committed to solving environmental challenges in Paris. They mainly came from companies, SMEs and start-ups who have innovative solutions at their fingertips.
During the course of the event, a panel of experts debated about “Climate change: the challenges for the city of Paris and the role of entrepreneurship for sustainable innovation” and several groups pitched solutions for climate-related issues. The prestigious panel of speakers included :
- Frédéric BENHAIM, Councilor of the 13th district of Paris, Regional Councilor of Ile-de-France, President of Entreprendre Vert
- Ana PAULA SOUZA DA SILVA, Environmental Advisor and Leader of the Actors Network of Sustainable Paris, Urban Ecology Agency, Paris City Hall
- Antoine DELAUNAY BELLEVILLE, Community Developer, MakeSense
- Henri LANDES, Master of Conference at Science Po Paris, Specialist Environment and Sustainable Development
- Thanh-Tam LE, France and Mediterranean Director, Climate-Kic
- Vincent CHAUVET, CEO, LGI Consulting
Experts spoke about their activities and their respective approach to addressing climate change and promoting sustainable development at the local level, in Paris.
In the second stage, eight eco-entrepreneurs, SMEs and startups, pitched about their projects and competed for the Climate Champion Award. The candidates for the Climate Champion Award 2017 included:
- Coup d’Jus is the first Eco-Responsible Juice-Truck. A traveling juice bar that produces juices exclusively with local and seasonal fruits and vegetables. In addition, their vehicle is 100% powered by solar panels. @coupdjus
- Edeni has set up a social club of urban people that promote zero waste lifestyle. @edeni_vision
- Linear Solar presented its solar panel structures highways.
- DualSun presented its hybrid solar panels that produce both electricity and hot water to contribute to the energy independence of buildings. @dualsun_fr
- Love Your Waste is a Parisian startup that offers consulting services and tanning to help organizations in sorting, collection and reduction food waste, favoring the circular economy. @loveyourwaste
- Les Joyeux Recycleurs offers an easy and ludic recycling solutions in the office. @Lesjoyeuxrecycl
- Reconcil is a network of returnable packaging for take-away caterings. It’s an actor of reuse and zero waste. @reconcil
- Ecotable is a label that accompanies, certifies and promotes sustainable restaurants, supported by Women4climate and C40cities. @_ecotable
After a democratic and secret voting, Reconcil was chosen by the event’s participants as winner of the Climate Champion Award 2017. The Climate Champion Award winner got free coaching offered by LGI, one year Entreprendre Vert’s membership and will compete with other Climate Champion Award winners from other cities to present their project at COP23.
The event ended with a delicious cocktail made of seasonal products offered by LGI.